Education in Transition Challenges and Opportunities
9th annual conference hosted by the Faculty of Education, University of the Western Cape.
26 – 28 October 2022
Two Oceans Aquarium
All delegates need to register and submit abstracts via the the SAERA 2022 conference website (coming soon)
Call for papers: PDF version
The conference aims to provide a space to question and offer insights into research actions and education practices that address the above issues:
- The role of information communication technology
- Transformational social justice agendas
- Mental health challenges due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on education.
- The nature and form of a decolonised curriculum
- The changing spaces within which educational teaching, learning and research action are conducted
- The appropriateness of the curriculum across transitioning contexts: from schooling to post-secondary education to spaces of employment
- The relationship between education and employment and employability
- Sexual inequality and injustice in education
The key dates for submission of abstracts;
Due date for submission of abstracts: 15 June 2022
Due date for registration: 31 August 2022
Due date for payment: 20 September 2022
Delegates need to submit proof of payment on or before the due date to ensure attendance/presentation at the conference.
- Registration fees for in-person presenters : R 4 950
- Registration fees for in-person retired Academics and Postgraduate students : R 3 800
- Registration fees for online presenters : R 900
- Registration fees for online retired Academics and Postgraduate students : R 600
All conference registration fees (whether online or face to face) are inclusive of annual membership for the year. Delegates need to register via the conference website using an online registration form, after which an invoice with banking details will be sent to you.
Please note: The whole conference will not necessarily be live-streamed and details of the online arrangements will be specified on the conference website as soon as this information is available
See the call for papers for further details. For further information related to SAERA 2022, please contact Kendall van Niekerk at email address email@example.com